Membership of the Pre-School Learning Alliance insures that we have:
• Access to ongoing training, both on formal courses and also through workshops, meetings and conferences;
• A specially designed insurance package;
• Monthly magazines, with practical advice on quality provision and up-to-date information on current childcare issues;
• Specialist publication covering all key aspects of pre-school work;
• The support of a nationwide body of field staff and volunteers.
Houghton Nursery Group aims to provde a safe, happy and stimulating environment for children aged 2½ - 11 years.
Houghton Nursery Group aims to:
•Provide early years education and childcare for pre-school children;
•Provide high quality childcare for children outside of school hours, from the surrounding areas;
•Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop;
•Add to the life and well being of its local community;
•Follow the six areas of learning which form the curriculum for the Early Years Foundation Stage;
•Offer children and their parents a service which promotes equality and values diversity.
Houghton Nursery Group is open 50 weeks per year. We are closed for all Bank Holidays and at Christmas, but with the option of opening extra hours during the festive season if needed. We are open Monday to Friday each week between 8.00am and 6.00pm.